The Travel Shop @ Home
Phone: 0403 684 444
4 Carramar Close , Brandy Hill, NSW 2324
The Travel Shop @ Home respects your privacy and this policy sets out how we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise treat your personal information as required by The Australian Privacy Principals set out in the Privacy act. Your personal information is collected by us for the primary purpose of providing travel services to you.
Collection of Personal Information – The personal information collected, held, used and disclosed by us is collected from you either directly, by our personal travel consultants or from third parties. We only collect personal information that is necessary to assist us in providing the services you request. The types of personal information we collect from you depends on your individual circumstances and on the type of service that you request from us. For example when you request us to make your travel arrangements, we collect personal information such as:
Title (gender), name, date of birth, address, email address, postcode, nationality, credit card or other payment details including billing address, travel details, passport number, dietary requirements, other information relevant to travel arrangements. IP address of visitors to our website, and using cookies to store users name and password on their computer for future visits to our website.
Use of your Personal Information – We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing travel related services including:
- To make bookings with travel service providers, such as airlines, hotels and tours on your behalf.
- To fulfil administrative functions associated with your purchase order, such as billing.
- To correspond with you in relation to the travel services you have requested.
- To provide you with promotional and marketing materials that may be of interest to you.
- Using the IP address of visitors to our website to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and for statistical purposes
We will not sell our client database to third parties and will only use your information for the purpose for which it was provided or a related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or the use and disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information – Your personal information my be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. as required or authorized by law, such as where unlawful activity has bee engaged in, or is suspected of being engaged in, as required by law enforcement officials or agencies.
2. to travel service providers, such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels and other service providers for the purpose of providing you with the travel services that you requested.
The personal information that we need to disclose to third party travel suppliers to provide you with the travel services you request may include sensitive information.
Some of the travel service providers that we disclose your personal information to maybe located outside Australia. The overseas travel providers may not have privacy standards equivalent to the standards imposed in Australia. We do not exercise any control over privacy practices of overseas recipients. If you do not consent to this you should not disclose your personal information to us.
Security of your personal information - We take reasonable steps to ;
- Ensure that personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure and stored in a secure environment ;
- Implement physical, electronic and organization steps to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Regularly review and update our security measures to maintain the security, integrity and privacy of personal information that we collect.
- Destroy or re-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
Security measures we have in place to protect your personal information include the following:
- Employing industry standard techniques such as firewalls, virus scanning tools and encryption.
- Requiring employees to use logins and passwords for access to all systems.
- Requiring all staff and contractors to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
- Using secure networks when transmitting electronic data.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information or for any other security breach.
You can unsubscribe from receiving communication from us at any time. If you do not wish to receive any further marketing material from us.
You may request access to, or correction of any of your personal information that we hold by contacting us directly. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period .
If you have a complaint about how we have dealt with your personal information or if there has been a breach of the Australian privacy principals, please contact us directly. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time.
The Travel Shop @ Home or 0403684444